Limit Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

+2
SovietOmega
Kanzaris
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Han Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 pm

"Anything else? I... well, no." Cadence's smile fades as she sits up, but soon gets replaced by another sunny look. "But this is something. I have a past. I do have memories." Cadence gets off the ground and quickly moves to Aro, a look of pure determination on her face.

"Let me start working. I need to find out who I am, and the sooner I can get out there, the sooner people might recognize me, or... maybe I recognize the people I just remembered."

Han

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 am

"Hmm." Aro pondered the question thoughtfully. "I'm afraid I cannot allow an unlicensed hunter to conduct business on our behalf...however," he said, stopping any protests, "Hunters are allowed to deputize civilians to act as their companions. If you can find a Hunter to take you underneath their wing, then you can begin working for them as an apprentice."

Kanzaris
Admin

http://limitzero.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:11 am

ADAPA will arrive near the repair shop, where undoubtedly there might still be a bit of a commotion. However, it seems to have quieted down.

He starts asking around to any bystanders.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:52 am

"Tank, Adel! You two are members, right?"

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:56 am

Tank: "Oh. Well, that is what we were here for. We need to register. He nods to Aro "You're the one we need to talk to about that, I heard?"

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 am

"That is correct," Aro said, nodding. "If that is your desire, here are the forms." The paper stack seemed to be a little bit...rumpled, but otherwise in good shape.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 am

Cadence slinks over to Aya while Tank is speaking to Aro.

"I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier. I'm Cadence. Are you a Hunter?"

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:17 am

"You bet I am!" Aya says, pumping a triumphant fist. "Aya Michaude, bounty Hunter extraordinaire! That's my name! Do you have some kind of errand you want me to run?" She asks, thrilled with the prospect.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:22 am

"Actually no... This friendly guy here told me that I could do guild work if I was deputized by a Hunter. And help them out with their jobs. Do you need any help?" Cadence smiles a little bashfully as She casts her eyes down and asks to join up with Aya.

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:23 am

Tank looks over the forms, realizing perhaps a bit late that he'd have to, perhaps, embellish very slightly to fill the form out. He assumed a half blank form would not be acceptable.

Name: Tank
Date of birth: (he lists the date when he and Adel met, a few short years ago)
Planet of origin: (he lists the planet he and Adel did most of their vigilante work)

He gets to species and thinks long and hard on it for a moment...

Species: Genetically modified Lilimian

Tank: "This is all accurate. I'm... sure you've seen weirder, it's a long story."

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 am

(Tank)

"Hmm..." Aro stares at the forms thoughtfully. "Interesting...but you're correct in guessing that this is not the strangest set of responses I've ever seen." After quickly and efficiently sweeping through the forms, he stamps them and offers you his hand. "Welcome to the Hunter's Guild. You are now qualified to take all jobs marked for Junior Hunters. You can consult the bounty board over there and claim any open tasks for your own," he said, gesturing towards a holographic board near the waiting area. "Good luck, and good hunting, Tank."

---

(Cadence)

"Help? YES! Of course! Everybody's so nice today! This is gonna be great great great!" Grabbing Cadence's wrist, she rushed out of the building...but after a few steps, gradually slowed down and came to a stop.

"Uhmm...hey, Cadence..." she asked, sheepishly. "Do you know where we can find a ton of Ean steel?"

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:04 am

"Uh... hmm..."

Cadence glances around until she spots a familiar sight.

"ADAPA! Hey!" Cadence grabs Aya's wrist and rushes her over to her young robo-panion. "ADAPA! Hey, I know this is very sudden, but do you know where we can find a ton of... Ean steel? Also, this is Aya! She is Tank and Adel's friend."

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 am

Tank: "Good! Thank you." He firmly shakes Aro's hand, then turns around to... where Cadence was.

Adel: "Wh- hey where'd they goooooo?" [audible whine]

Tank: "Oh well. Let's take a look at the board. ...Once you're done sulking."

Adel: "...we're going to be here for a long time, then.

Tank: "Board it is, then.

Adel will sulk while Tank walks over to peruse the bounty board.

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 am

"Huh? Oh, it's Cadence. What a coincidence! Also... someone I don't know? Hi, I'm ADAPA!" He seems pleased to run into someone he knows, and also a random stranger. Just happy to talk to someone. "Ean steel... I'd think you would want to order it from a manufacturing or trading company. Getting a ton on short notice might be tricky though. If you go to the industrial center and look for the Gobannus trading company, you could make a deal with them. That's the company my creator orders some of his materials from."

ADAPA gives a quick overview of some of the information he learned the last time he was in Ur-Kal, like where to find a company office.

"Oh, before you do anything, though, was there a big explosion around here or something? I don't see any damage..." He asks Cadence.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 am

"Oh, that bright light? I have no idea... I was inside the Guild here, but all I remember is not being able to see. Anyway, thank you so much! See you later!" Before Aya gets a chance to get a word in about what she saw, Cadence grabs her wrist and pulls her away, running.

Soon enough, she slows down and lets go of Aya. "Uh... how do we get to the industrial center from here?"

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 am

Marek spent a few moments admiring the sublime craftsmanship that went into his badge's reforging. The same work that now, as Chaka might put it, bore some of Marek's soul. With even a casual glance it dazzled, drawing the eye to it like a moth to flame. It was almost too brilliant a piece for a novice lawyer like Marek, but if Chaka's philosophy had merit, then this brilliance was merely an outer manifestation of the inner spark Marek could choose to reveal. Considering the (literal) trials that lay ahead, it would serve both as a constant reminder of who Marek was and as a warning to those who would cast a different light on the truth.

"I shall do as you say and return after your conditions have been met. You have far exceeded my expectations, and for that you have my gratitude."

Satisfied, Marek heads back the way he came, through the door and down the stairs, noticing a conspicuous lack of Cadence.

But next to the bounty board is Tank, who would surely have seen her depart.

"My eyes did not deceive me, it really was you that I saw earlier, Tank. Tell me...do you know what happened to Cadence?" Marek relates how he left her to fill out guild paperwork while he attended to the matter of his badge, which he promptly presents to Tank.

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:07 am

ADAPA follows Marek, who walked out the door and to Tank without acknowledging or probably noticing him. He decides to just walk after him and surprise him instead of speaking up, with a big grin on his face like he's being very clever. As Marek is talking to Tank, ADAPA is trying to distract Tank from behind Marek by standing on his hands, adopting various funny walks, and other absurd physical activities.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:02 am

Tank: "Oh, hello Marek, I guess I missed you earlier? Cadence was here a few minutes ago, I think she left with this girl Aya to help her with... with-"

Tank trails off as ADAPA enters the room and begins making a show behind Marek. Adel, meanwhile, was still sulking that both of the girls had "ditched" them.

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:56 am

Marek turns around to see what Tank is looking at. His eyelids narrow in disapproval.

"Today must be a rest day for reasonable probability...no, no time to recalculate, I don't suppose you've seen Cadence around?" And turning back to Tank "And who is this Aya?"

It felt like a small eternity, but was probably closer to five minutes, how the sea devil did Cadence mange to sneak away so fast?

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Tank: "Ah, well Aya is a hunter here at the guild. She was running a job for a guy named Chaka, upstairs. It didn't go well and she got... let's call it "flustered". I offered to help her out after I registered down here. I guess she and Cadence ran off to work on that thing, picking up some materials."

Adel: "Aya's a nice girl, though! Kinda excitable, but I bet she'll get along with Cadence." Adel adds, finally giving up sulking.

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:31 pm

"Yup, Cadence went with her friend to try and buy some Ean steel. They seemed like they were in a big hurry," ADAPA explains.

"Oh wait, that's right, I needed to talk to you, Marek! Are you going to be Vadimar's lawyer? I need your help to talk to him, they won't let me in. It's supposed to be the accused's right to consult with his lawyer, right? So I came up with this plan to get in!"

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terastodon Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Everyone on the streets was talking about the cacophany of colour that had emerged from the Hunter's Guild. While no-one wanted to get any nearer, they were all happy to point him in the right direction, muttering and shaking their heads as he left.

Approaching cautiously, not sure of what he was about to find, Vaz'kar was relieved to see the building was still standing. There were a number of people milling around the outside of the building and no-one seemed hurt in any way. Still more reassuring - if there was any real danger, people would have been running, yet those closest to the epicentre were treating it like a spectacle.

With a peculiar looking shrug of his 4 wings, Vaz'kar flew into the Hunter's Guild.

Terastodon

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:35 pm

"Ah...so she is taking that route to work with the guild. Then she should be alright for now." If nothing else, it would let Marek know how Cadence would function when operating under her own initiative. It might even spark a memory or two loose for her.

"And you say you wish to speak to Vadimar, ADAPA? I'd be happy to arrange that, in fact, that is my next destination now that my business here is concluded." Marek's badge momentarily brightens in illumination, reinforcing Marek's mention of his completed task. "I am curious though, what in particular do you seek from Vadimar?"

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 pm

"My creator is really good with robots... well, obviously. He likes to talk to interesting ones he hears about sometimes to find out what they're thinking. He wanted me to help arrange a conversation."

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 am

"That makes a lot of sense, and might even help Vadimar's case if a proponent of robotics finds no objections to Vadimar's thoughts. I will see what I can do to make it happen."

Making a departure from the guild and the surroundings, Marek leads ADAPA to the magrail that will take them to where they wish to go.

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next